1. What is Waxing?
2. Why waxing?
3. What is the difference between Brazilian waxing and Bikini waxing?
4. Hard vs Speed Wax (Soft Wax). What is the differences between hard wax and speed wax?
5. It is my first time, does it hurt?
6. How long does waxing take?
7. What areas of the body can be waxed?
8. How long, or short, should my hair be for waxing?
9. How rapidly will the hair grow back?
10. Will my hair grow back thicker?
11. Will the hair stop growing after waxing?
12. Why should I choose waxing over other temporary hair-removal methods?
13. Is there anything I should do before my waxing appointment?
14. I’m one of those super organized person. Do I need to prepare for my wax?
15. Can I wax during my period?
16. Can I still wax when I’m pregnant?
17. How soon can I get a Brazilian/ Bikini wax after deliver?
18. What are the possible side effects of waxing and how can they be minimized?
19. Will I get ingrown hairs?
20. What kind of wax products do you use? I have some allergies…
Q: 1. What is waxing?
A: Waxing is a hair removal method of unwanted hair from the hair roots. At De Wax Haus we wax almost entire body except for the hair on your head. We’ll leave that job to your stylist.
Q: 2. Why waxing?
A: Waxing is one of the best ways to remove unwanted hair temporary. It is more effective than shaving and epilating because it removes hair from the roots, not just from the skin’s surface. If waxed regularly over time, hair in waxed areas regrows lighter and sparser.
Q: 3. What is the difference between Brazilian waxing and Bikini waxing?
A: Bikini waxing is to remove the hair that extends outside of the panty line or crease of thigh across the top. If you’re wearing a bikini, this will prevent any hairs from “peeking out”.
A: Brazilian waxing removes the hair from the entire pubic region including the crack area or a landing strip is left on the top. Many women request a Brazilian because it gives a clean, close wax and the freedom to wear even the most revealing swimwear and lingerie.
The biggest difference between a Brazilian and a bikini wax is that with Brazilians the inner lips of the vagina are waxed, as well as the crack area.”
Q: 4. Hard vs Speed Wax (Soft Wax). What is the differences between hard wax and speed wax?
A: In general, hard wax also known as hot wax. Hard wax is gentler, because it wraps around the hair and pulls from the roots, instead of tugging at the skin. In De Wax Haus, we are using WaxXXX’s hard wax which consists of 4 different types of hard wax to treat different types of hairs and skin to reduce the pain level and give you a healthier skin after waxing.
Speed wax also known as strip wax or soft wax which usually remove the wax with a strip paper. Speed wax is faster and usually recommended to be used in larger body areas, such as leg & back area. However, improper way of using speed wax will cause ingrown hair and increase the pain level. If your pain tolerance is low, we will suggest you to go for Hard Wax instead of speed wax.
Q: 5. It is my first time, does it hurt?
A: It’s most uncomfortable at first since it’s a new sensation. Any discomfort dissipates quickly and decreases with regular treatments, as less hair is removed each time. Caffeine, menstruation and pregnancy increase skin sensitivity.
However, in the hands of an experienced therapist the process is only minor painful. It helps if your therapist has extensive experience with hair removal, especially with Brazilian Bikini Waxes. Make sure she holds your skin taught. Sometimes, she may even ask you for help.
Q: 6. How long does waxing take?
It is depends on how many body parts of waxing and the density of the hair growth, your waxing appointment will take between fifteen minutes to an hour time. You may contact us for more accurate duration!
Q: 7. What areas of the body can be waxed?
The wax can be used on almost any part of the body as needed. It is wise to test a small area first for sensitivity.
Some frequently waxed areas for women are legs, under arms, bikini line, and arms. For the full treatment list, please review to our Treatment page.
Q: 8. How long, or short, should my hair be for waxing?
A: The hair should be at least 1-2mm for best results. If you have coarse hair or had been shaving all these time it should be closer to 4-6mm for the first few waxes.
It may take up to three waxing treatments to achieve smooth skin due to the fact that hair grows in stages and all of your hair is never at the same stage. It is very important to avoid shaving between waxing appointments, as this will interrupt the process and stimulate the hair growth again.
Q: 9. How rapidly will the hair grow back?
A: After a client’s first waxing, the results can last 3 – 6 weeks depending on the individual’s hair re-growth & hormone.
In most cases, hair growth is minimal during the first week or two, other hair grown may emerge due to the fact that each hair grows in 3 distinct phases so you may see the next phase growing in just a little in the next week or so, therefore repeat visits are normally necessary.
It takes 4 to 13 weeks for the hair to grow from the papilla to the surface of the skin. Hair growth becomes less and less the more you wax!
Q: 10. Will my hair grow back thicker?
A: Absolutely not! Waxing does not cause you to grow more hair follicles.
Often hair grows in sparser after regular treatments and since waxing removes hair by the root, a soft new hair with a fine tip grows in, eliminating razor stubble.
Q: 11. Will the hair stop growing after waxing?
A: Waxing makes the hair finer and lesser and but it’s not a permanent hair removal method.
Q: 12. Why should I choose waxing over other temporary hair-removal methods?
Unlike shaving, waxing removes the entire hair from the hair roots. With consistant waxing, may then take up five to six weeks to grow back.
Hair that has been shaved may grow back feeling more coarse and looking darker on the skin but the hair that grows back after waxing often feels softer and appears lighter than it did before.
Q: 13. Is there anything I should do before my waxing appointment?
- Make sure the hair is the appropriate length for waxing. Refer to How long, or short, should my hair be for waxing?
- Make sure that the area(s) to be waxed are clean.
- There are certain medications and products that should not be taken or used if you plan to have a waxing treatment soon. For prescribed creams such as Retin-A or Differin, we advise that you stop use 7 days prior to your wax reservation and do not resume use until 7 days after your wax service.
We will not wax you if you are on Accutane. It’s very dangerous to wax while on Accutane and a doctor’s note will be needed to receive services.
- Do not recommend waxing for persons suffering from diabetes or who have varicose veins or poor circulation as they are more susceptible to infection.
- We will not be able to perform waxing service if you have any kind of sun burn or laser burn on the area to be waxed.
Q: 14. I’m one of those super organized person. Do I need to prepare for my wax?
A: No dear, our wax therapist will take care of everything. We just ask that you kindly arrive on time and enjoy your waxing!
Q: 15. Can I wax during my period?
A: It is not recommended to have your Brazilian done during menstrual cycle period as the skin is more sensitive and you may experience more discomfort than usual.
For hygiene purposes it is not advisable to do a Brazilian/Bikini wax. We would suggest you to come 4-5 days before or after menstrual cycle.
Q: 16. Can I still wax when I’m pregnant?
A: If you are pregnant, we generally do not accept customers who are still in their first trimester to go for Brazilian/ Bikini Waxing. However, you may experience more skin sensitivity due to the hormonal changes your body is going through.
However, after first trimester is fine for Brazilian / Bikini waxing. Our waxing therapists will make you as comfortable as possible during the service. We recommend you to check with your doctor during the last two months of pregnancy.
Q: 17. How soon can I get a Brazilian/ Bikini wax after deliver?
A: Natural birth: Generally, 3months after natural delivery.
A: Cesarean delivery: 5-6months, generally. Once you’ve gotten the medical all-clear that your scar has completely healed (no stitches, scabs, swelling, etc.), it is perfectly safe to go back to waxing.
Q: 18. What are the possible side effects of waxing and how can they be minimized?
A: Although we can not predict or guarantee who may react, most clients do not experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation. Hair may break at the root during waxing, causing some hairs to grow out faster.
Please follow these guidelines to minimize irritation and possible breakouts.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and please wear sun screen; recently waxed areas are prone to permanent darkening of the skin if exposed to the sun.
- Avoid extreme exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- Do not use exfoliating products (AHAs, scrubs and loofas for at least 24 hours after waxing as they might further irritate your skin.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, it may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Avoid deodorant: it results in irritation and clogging of open follicles
- Avoid touching the freshly waxed area: this encourages irritation
- Avoid using creams with fragrance or ingredients that may irritate
- Unfortunately, no hot shower or oral sex for 10 hours after a Brazilian.
Q: 19. Will I get ingrown hairs?
A: It’s possible
EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE, EXFOLIATE!!! We advise “ALL” individuals who receive body waxing to exfoliate on a daily basis.
Waxing removes the entire hair, root and all, from the follicle. Most people experience some, since as a new hair grows in it may become trapped under the surface of the skin causing slight irritation.
Your skin naturally hardens and thickens over the area that was waxed so it is important to keep that area gently exfoliated. Use a gentle scrub in that area about 24-hours after waxing and continue to exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week thereafter.
Q: 20. What kind of wax products do you use? I have some allergies…
A: We are using WaxXXX wax. WaxXxx is manufactured in France. The European made wax is world preferred wax used by many beauty practitioners and salons the world over.
WaxXXX is about a wax that is X-tra strong to remove hair, X-tra soft texture on the skin and X-tra smooth skin after the hair removal.
There are 4 different types of hard wax which treats different body parts, skin, and hair types and a Speed-Wax from WaxXXX.
- The Perfect Blue
The strong polymers in the formulation allows for flexibility, most suitable for use on long hairs in all areas. Quick to dry and it does not break or becomes brittle when dry.
Due to the low temperature, applications may be applied on the different areas to significantly cut down waxing time.
The lanolin in the wax soothes the skin during waxing.
*Suitable for long coarse hair, e.g. legs, arms, body & Brazilian.
- The Perfect Pink
This beautiful pink wax is formulated with titanium dioxide, an anti-irritant that is also known to enhance the skin’s natural protection from damaging UV rays. The creamy texture forms a flexible application that allows gentle removal.
This wax is most suitable for short coarse hairs, for use on face, underarms, bikini and Brazilian.
The lanolin in the wax soothes the skin during waxing.
* Suitable for short coarse hair, stubby hair from shaving, ingrown hair and stubborn fine hair. Face, underarm, fingers & toes, legs, Brazilian.
- The Perfect Scent
This soothing aromatherapy wax is formulated with the scent of the rose. The strong polymers in this formulation allows for flexibility during application. It does not get brittle or break during the removal.
The grip is very tight and yet comfortable even on the most sensitive areas. This wax is recommended for short and stubby hairs, two days after a shave.The lanolin in the wax soothes the skin during waxing.
The lanolin in the wax soothes the skin during waxing.
* Suitable for short coarse hair and clients who have been waxing regularly. Face, arms, legs, back & chest, Brazilian.
- The Rice Wax
Formulated with rice from Japan; this wax melts below 35 degrees. This fantastic wax with its low temperature formula makes waxing a breeze.
The vitamins from the rice combined with the natural pine rosin moisturizes the skin as we wax. This is suitable for sensitive skin and also fine hair.
* Suitable for sensitive skin, gently removes fine long hairs. Legs, arms, back, chests and Brazilian.
- WaxXXX Speed Wax
There are 2 great highlights to this product:
1) It does not dry once it is applied to the skin. It can only be removed by using a disposal strip. It saves time for the therapist.
2) It contains the right amount of Salicylic Acid to prevent breakouts of little bumps & pimples. It saves time for the client.
*Most suitable for legs, chest & back waxing